The Turbo C++ is the IDE that is suitably designed to code C++ and C program. But with the passage of time, people now look forward to many other Turbo C++ Alternatives. Though this is one of the most common and sober IDE to perform coding certainly there are some loopholes in it. People have to check the alternatives because of certain bottlenecks in the above C++ IDE. The limitations comprise of as this IDE uses windows application development which certainly outdated. Another demerit point that it’s not much interactive or remarkable and its GUI also bit dull and monotonous. Sometimes users have to face some kind of complexity and interruptions.
Nowadays, there are many best alternatives to replace the former C++ IDE Code Editor.
So, here is the list of some incredible alternatives of Turbo C++ which replaces its disadvantages:
Best IDE For C++ Language/Source Code Editor:
- Bloodshed dev c++ / Dev c++
- Microsoft visual c++
1.Bloodshed Dev c++ / Dev c++:
It is one of the IDE to operate C++ code which is the fully integrated development environment that assists better functionality and capabilities to perform the coding. It also has a collection of GNU compiler. And this is written in Delphi. And, in addition, this product is developed by a free software foundation.
- It supports GCC based compilers.
- Dev c++ has a feature of code completion.
- It also consists of customizing syntax highlight editor which informs the user whenever it encounters any errors.
- Bloodshed Dev c++ has a CVS support.
- It comprises of interpreted debugging.
- This ide also has a project manager that you can use to create your projects.
- It has the feature of print support where you can print your code as it is.
- It has the editable shortcuts which further saves your time.
- Also capable of giving you the insights of code that is written by you.
- It also capable of detecting the closing symbols and specific indentation.
This is a platform that is open-source and allow the user to build an application by using programming languages like C, C++, Java and Ruby, etc. Further, the eclipse mostly written in java language and majorly used to develop java applications.
This eclipse is mainly used to develop integrated development environments, client applications, and other various tools. Moreover, the Eclipse IDE uses plug-ins. And the eclipse public license is an open-source software license that is developed by eclipse foundation and this foundation releases its new versions every year.
It contains a base workspace that is used by the user to code in any particular language.
- It has the interactive interface by which a user can easily code without feel boredom.
- It has an incredible classification of its elements by which a user can easily access according to their needs.
- In addition, its setup or installation is quite easy and simple.
3.Microsoft Visual C++:
This is one of the integrated development environments (IDE) which is abbreviated as (MSVC). This is a product of Microsoft. Earlier, it was a proprietary software and a standalone product and later it comes under the visual studio.
Also, this is available in both the forms of trialware and freeware. It has an incredible tool that assists in developing and debugging C++ code. Its packages installed on the standard libraries. It mainly used in creating windows applications. Basically it offers a developer a single application where you can write, edit, debug, or test your code effectively.
It also comprises an outstanding feature by which users have the accessibility of some of the shared code libraries, which further enables the user to use the already developed codes to build an application. This creates a mechanism through which a user can save his/her maximum time. And that shared code takes the form of Dynamic Link Libraries (DLL).
Similarly, this is one of the IDE which is used to build C/C++ projects. This provides the way to create an application based on C++ by which you can edit, compile, create, and debug your code. It is an open-source and free platform that comprises multiple compilers including GCC and Visual C++. initially, it is being developed for Windows and Linux but later its version also created for Mac-Os and Solaris.
- In a version of 13.12, this CodeBlocks come up with a GUI designer which is known as wxSmith.
- Codeblocks also uses a custom build system in which it stores its information and content in the XML project files.
- Its debugger has the complete support of breakpoints.
- It also allows the users to debug their program with having access to thread switching, CPU registers, local functions.
- Though its IDE is formulated for C++ Language, even though it then supports other languages like FORTRAN For supporting other languages one needs a requirement of plug-ins.
- It has incredible support for multiple compilers such as GCC, Borland C++, Intel C++ compiler, and MinGW, etc.
It uses the wxWidgets toolkit. And here the program is compiled by free tools such as MinGW and GDB. Moreover, this extensively written in the C++ language.
It comprises of features like:
- The primary feature of this IDE is code completion.
- It has a feature of database explorer.
- Also, it having a spell checker that ensures no spelling mistake while writing code.
- It also has the support of Valgrind which helps in finding the errors.
- Codelite also has wonderful graphics and interactivity.
- It assists the users to debug the code with ease.
Hence, this is the best code writer where you can write your code without any interruptions and run on many platforms.
C++ IDE Conclusion:
Instead of Turbo C++ one can also use or try these above-mentioned alternatives which are available as an open-source where you don’t have to pay anything and enjoy their incredible unique features.